}

February 27, 2014

FITNESS ROUTINE + FAV FITNESS PRODUCTS


click for product links

lets start off with the fun stuff, my favorite fitness products.
1. fitbit flex in slate (find it here)
2. lululemon run speed short *block-it pocket
3. asics gel-nimbus 15
4. nike free run 5.0+ (find them here)
5. c9 neoprene hand weight | 8 lbs
6. c9 neoprene hand weight | 5 lbs
7. yurbuds focus headphones


and now for my fitness routine...
my fitness routine is fairly simple, but i feel these are the best to share. my routine is extremely straight forward & fairly easy to stick to & i honestly feel anyone can do it. here goes nothing:

run
i try to run as often as i can, aiming for everyday. now this may already sound like a lot to you, but it is extremely doable. remember, it only takes 21 days to form a habit, & honestly i feel it's even less when it comes to running; after running for just three days in a row i find it easy to get through the week. just three days, try it out. also, keep in mind that i do not limit myself to a set distance or time & if you're trying to get into the habit of running daily you shouldn't either. if i have the time & desire i'll go out & run three miles, if i don't, i'll run for ten minutes. it doesn't matter how fast you run, it doesn't matter how long you run, & it doesn't matter how far you run, just run

and hey, if running isn't your thing, walk, bike, swim, etc. 

lift
i recently started incorporating arms into my fitness routine & it has made a world of difference. a quick & simple arm routine can be done at anytime & anywhere. here's what i do to tone & strengthen my arms:

everyone loves a good shower, me especially & when i decided to buy two 5 lbs dumbbells at target, i told myself i would put them to use before every shower, morning & night. since then i have worked up to 8 lbs dumbbells & honestly, i'm pretty proud of myself (celebrate the little things!) i leave them visible in my room & whenever i happen to glance their way, i encourage myself to use them.

these are the exact moves i aim to do twice a day:
15-20 bicep curls (see the move here)
15-20 shoulder presses (see the move here)
15-20 tricep extensions (see the move here)
15-20 reverse flys (see the move here)
*remember to click the links for a detailed image of each move from women's health magazine.

tone
finally, i work to tone my abs, & get ready to laugh because i have been doing so using the dorkiest video you will ever watch. but let me tell you, it works! watch the video here! honestly, i get lazy when it comes to abs, but at one point i was extremely dedicated & did the exercises in this video everyday. now, it has become something i do on occasion along with various other exercises like wall shits, lunges, squats, etc. 

& that's it, my fitness routine + current favorite fitness products. let me know you're fav fitness products in a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!