}

June 5, 2014

MAY FAVORITES | 2014



i am finally back with another post, this one featuring my favorite things from may. 

beginning with hair, i've been loving my shea moisture coconut & hibiscus curl & style milk. this was one of those products that i wasn't a big fan of when i first bought it, but now i can't stop using it! this product is similar to a leave-in conditioner but directed towards those with curly hair. i apply it to my damp hair after i've showered & comb it through; it de-tangles, de-frizzes, smoothes, & adds shine.

for body care, i've been moisturizing using my warm vanilla sugar body butter from bath & body works. the formula blends easily into my skin & absorbs quickly. it smells great + it smoothes & softens my skin.

*i couldn't find the body butter online (it looks like it was discontinued) so i've linked the triple moisture cream instead which is very similar in formula.

for fragrance, i've continued to get a ton of use out of my travel-sized bombshell body mist from victoria's secret. i'm in love with this scent, it's very light & feminine, though not necessarily fruity or sweet. the scent is almost like a powder though i don't feel that description does it justice, go give it a whiff!

moving onto makeup, i recently picked up the nyc smooth skin bronzing face powder in the shade 720a sunny. this bronzer has been raved about all over youtube & i must say i am also a fan. the bronzer is matte & not too muddy or too orange. it works great for contouring & is the perfect crease shade as well.

i also rediscovered my raspberry rose kiss nivea lip butter this past month. though i don't recommend using it underneath another lip product because it has a milky light pink tint to it (not a fan) it does do a great job of moisturizing your lips.

moving to fashion favorites, i have been getting a ton of wear out of my lace detail denim shorts from mossimo supply co. i love the way they look with a simple t-shirt & a cute pair of flip flops. so simple, but still put together.

finally, i had one lifestyle favorite this month: the watermelon lemonade 3-wick candle from bath & body works. i absolutely love the way this smells, so fruity, juicy, & perfect for summertime + the scent is strong enough to fill the room but not too overwhelming.

& that's it for my favorite things from may 2014. leave me a comment letting me know your current favorite things so i can check them out for next month! if you'd prefer to watch the video version of this post, be sure to press play below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you!